Residence Dining Account
First-year students living in the residence halls are required to purchase one of three Residence Dining Account (RDA) plans as part of their housing and dining contract each semester.
If you are a sophomore in standing or above, have at least one year of attendance at WSU, and continue living in a residence hall, participating in an RDA plan is optional. Learn more about the benefits of repurchasing an RDA plan.
RDA plans provide you with maximum flexibility. You do not receive a fixed number of meals per week like some universities. Instead you will use your CougarCard to pay for meals with RDA. It works like a prepaid debit card. At the beginning of each semester, you will receive your RDA dollars for the entire semester, and you decide how to budget and manage your account.
|RDA Level||Base Charge||RDA Dollars||Total Cost:|
|RDA 1||$ 900.00||$ 970.00||$1,870.00|
|RDA 2||$ 900.00||$1,250.00||$2,150.00|
|RDA 3||$ 900.00||$1,480.00||$2,380.00|
RDA plans have a base charge of $900 and a balance of RDA dollars. The base charge covers utilities, maintenance, repairs, mortgage payments, and a portion of the labor needed to support the food service program. The base charge is not part of your spendable RDA dollars.
- 1. You can add dollars to your RDA plan anytime in the semester. Learn more about adding dollars to your RDA plan.
- 2. You can change to a different RDA plan until the 8th week of classes. Visit dining.wsu.edu and click the ‘Change RDA’ button to change your plan.
- 3. Unused RDA dollars will roll over to the next semester if you continue living in the residence halls and have purchased an RDA plan for the upcoming semester.
- 4. You receive a 40% discount when you use RDA to purchase food in the dining centers. This is the best way to make your RDA dollars go further.
- 5. You can also spend RDA dollars in the markets, espresso bars, Carlita’s, Freshens, Einstein Bagels, and Flix Café. You will receive a 10% discount at these locations.