Cougar Chef Throwdown
Update: Congratulations to Chef Jason Butcherite for taking home his second Cougar Chef Throwdown Champion Trophy for his smoked brisket chili. Congratulations to Chef Will Wohlfeil for earning the Cougs' Choice Award for his chicken chickpea chili!
This semester, we're crowning WSU's chili champion at Cougar Chef Throwdown: Battle of the Beans. Join us for this healthy competition between Dining Services chefs on Tuesday, Dec. 11 from 9 - 10 p.m. at the CUB Lair. Students eat for free.
This round, our contestants include:
- Jason Butcherite - Executive Chef, Hillside Café; defending Cougar Chef Throwdown Champion
- Howard Campbell - Executive Chef, Southside Café
- Jamie Kohler - Chef, Hillside Café
- Will Wohlfeil - Executive Chef, Northside Café
A group of student and staff judges will be present to provide commentary and select the winner of the Champion Trophy. In addition, event attendees will be able to vote for their favorite chili, and the winning chef will receive the Cougs' Choice Trophy.
We're excited to be welcoming both new and returning judges for this round of Cougar Chef Throwdown, including:
- Mary Jo Gonzales - Vice President of Student Affairs
- Pat Chun - Director of Athletics
- Savannah Rogers - ASWSU President
- Amir Gilmore - GPSA President
- Avoree Bell - VP for Leadership and Development, Residence Hall Association
- Ruben Navarrete - CUB student representative
- Jolene Carlson - Dining Services student representative
Cougar Chef Throwdown is hosted in partnership with the CUB as part of its dead and finals weeks activities.